|This site visited Times|
S.N.D.T. Women's University, established in 1916, has been a pioneer in Women's education in India. The University has a high standing as a leading center for excellence in education in India today.
S.N.D.T. Women's University is committed to the cause of women's empowerment through access to education, particularly higher education, through relevant courses in the formal and non-formal streams. Further S.N.D.T. is committed to provide a wide range of professional and vocational courses for women to meet the changing socio-economic needs, with human values and purposeful social responsibility and to achieve excellence with "Quality in every Activity".
The goals of the S.N.D.T. Women's University emerging from the vision and mission are:
- To provide higher education to women through formal and non-formal streams including adult and continuing education.
- To provide a wide range of professional and vocational courses to women to meet their socio-economic demands.
- To develop research and scholarship in emerging areas of study, particularly with a focus on women's perspectives.
- To inculcate in every student a positive self-concept, awareness about women's issues and their rights along with a rational outlook towards society.
- To impart purposeful education embibed with 'human values' and a sense of social responsibilities by participating in outreach programmes.
- To achieve excellence in academics , research and extension programmes through emphasis on 'quality in each endeavour'.
Special features of the University-
- First women's university in India and South-East-Asia.
- All India jurisdiction, presently operational in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Media of instruction in multiple languages Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
- Provides courses in conventional as well as correspondance.
- Provides a wide range of under-graduate and post-graduate courses.
- More than 50,000 students with advantage of multi-entry points into the academic structure.
- First University in Maharashtra to be accredited with five star status by NAAC for academic excellence.
- University with Constituent colleges.
- University with three campuses, two in Mumbai & one in Pune.